Many of us have read through the various editions countless times, so we were surprised to find how many errors our editor, Audry Camacho, picked up in this fourth edition. She made important changes while keeping the tone of the notes from my original log.
My special thanks to those who read the previous drafts and editions of the Log and encouraged me with their responses. Their comments are listed in alphabetical order by last name. Excerpts from some of these comments appear in the Acknowledgements and the back cover of the book. Click on a name to see the comments in their entirety.
- Mrs. Ronald (Laura) Butts, Groton Historical Association
- Eleanor Hyrne, Widow of Lt. Fred Hyrne
- Ruth and Darrell Kirkendall, Chapel Hill, NC
- Ted Koppel, ABC Nightly News
- Rev. Dr. Robert C. Lamar, Albany, NY
- Judy Mark, Albany, NY
- Steve Minnaji, former POW at Stalag VII-A
- Rev. Hugh Nevin and Vaughn Louise Nevin
- Wava D. Nolan
- Alyssan Reed (13 years old)
- Joanne Reider, Philadelphia, PA
- Dean Smith, Former Head Coach, University of NC